Recycled Paper Printing
Vegetable Oil Inks
(better than most soy ink!)
The word "Ecoprinted" signifies the use of our environmentally responsible printing process. Our "Eco-ink" product takes ink to a new level of environmental sensitivity. And our printing process is 100% Carbon Neutral - with a net of ZERO Greenhouse Gas emissions!
We offer "Integrated Services" along with printing, including conceptualization and design, data work, storage, and mailing services. Talk with us about total project management.
A Green Printer with a Slightly Wacky History...
We were "eco" before "eco" was cool! First founded in 1977, we began as an in-house print shop to a grassroots environmental nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C. The group's campaign vehicle, a reconverted school bus, housed the first print shop. A small press was bolted to the floor of the bus, so flyers could be printed "on-site" as the bus traveled around. From the start, we searched for ways to avoid the use of toxic chemicals, and to find the best papers. Eventually, the shop outgrew the bus and was relocated in the basement of a row house, below the organization's offices. When the organization closed in 1983, the shop moved to its own space, becoming an independent entity. But we never forgot our roots!
True Environmental Printing Innovation
by a Recycled Paper Printer
Ecoprint is recognized by its industry colleagues and others as a leader in environmentally responsible printing. Ecoprint has spent years doing research with ink manufacturers and paper mills to come up with new products and processes that create a higher standard of environmental excellence. Here are some of our achievements:
Eco-Friendly Printing using Eco-ink®
Ecoprint offers, at no additional cost, green choices for ink: standard Eco-ink that is 98% free from evaporative oils, more eco-friendly than most soy-based inks, and metal-free Eco-ink, specially formulated by Ecoprint to be free from environmentally toxic metals. For our quick turnaround digital color printing, we use a toner free from toxics. Read more . . .
Green Printing on the Best Recycled Papers
Over the past few decades, Ecoprint has been on a constant search to find the best papers with the least environmental impact. On several occasions, we've prompted paper mills to create innovative papers. We've imported papers from overseas just so we could stock them for our customers. We'll go to the ends of the Earth to find or create papers that yield the most environmental printing available! Now, check out our newest 100% recycled paper: Ecoprint Silk 100! Learn more . . .
Clean Processes for Environmental Printing
Ecoprint has accomplished much to reduce waste and prevent pollution throughout the printing process. Here are some of our accomplishments:
- Become the first "Carbon Neutral" U.S. printer with ZERO climate impact, having offset its CO2 emissions 100% through renewable credits and tree planting.
- Eliminating alcohol and alcohol substitutes in our press wetting agents. We now use a compound based on non-toxic citric acid and gum arabic, which is entirely non-polluting.
- Minimization of hazardous waste ink and solvents through a program of recycling and conservation.
- Significantly reduced paper waste in printing and binding operations through greater efficiency and changes in equipment.
- Found substitutes for chlorinated hydrocarbons and ozone-depleting chemicals commonly used in the printing process.
- Purchased a high-speed label addressing system that uses a non-polluting water-based ink jet system.
- Instituted a shop-wide energy efficiency program which has significantly reduced consumption.
Ecoprint | 9335 Fraser Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910
301-585-7077 | All material (c)2007-2010 - Ecoprint
We're 100% Carbon Neutral and 100% Wind Powered!