At Ecoprint, printing responsibly has been a commitment since 2003 when we began seeking innovative alternatives to offset the effects of our energy consumption, and incorporating them into our daily operations.
We were the first printing company to use 100% wind power. We also use eco-friendly technology and products to offset carbon emissions, and adhere to the FSC® chain of custody standards. We even changed our name to reflect our priorities and promote the preservation of the environment, and we educate our clients on the benefits, and sometimes savings, of green printing.
At Ecoprint, we also:
- Encourage the use of recycled papers, which are often less expensive than virgin papers, and reduce water pollution by 35% and air pollution by 74%
- Recycle 100% of the paper and metal waste generated by our production process
- Use inks that have a low level of toxicity; as well as safe and certified soy inks
- Reduce all VOC emissions from our plant, use Safety Kleen to remove all chemicals offsite for recycling, and operate special devices to ensure that there are no backflows from our equipment into the public water system
- Achieved FSC® certification, which means we comply with the highest social and environmental standards in the industry (FSC® SGSNA-COC-003887)